Bakersfield, California, Collaborative Law Attorney
What Is Collaborative Law?
Collaborative law is a form of alternative dispute resolution in which both parties retain separate legal counsel to represent them during negotiations. It differs from mediation in that there are no neutral mediators to guide the discussions, and if an agreement cannot be reached, both parties must retain new counsel to pursue litigation.
Collaborative law can be a very effective medium to resolve divorce and family law issues. The benefits of a collaborative divorce include:
- It is often cheaper and less time-consuming than going to court.
- Interested parties work together to decide on a positive resolution, creating a win-win solution.
- It is less adversarial than litigation, which creates a more positive environment for both the separating couple and their children.
- It establishes the groundwork for further negotiations if disputes arise in the future.
- Parties are in charge of the outcome rather than a judge.
At Bobby Cloud Law, in Bakersfield, California, our collaborative law lawyer can help you determine if collaborative law or another alternative dispute resolution method is right for you. Our guidance can help you create a solid foundation for life after your divorce or separation.
Contact Our Kern County Collaborative Divorce Lawyer
For representation that can help you achieve effective and efficient resolutions to your legal challenges, turn to Bobby Cloud Law in Bakersfield. To schedule a free initial consultation with a California alternative dispute resolution lawyer, call 661-578-5683, toll free at 877-403-5095, or simply contact our divorce attorney online. Our firm accepts credit cards for the convenience of our clients.